Sleep apnea is condition in which your breathing stops periodically stops as you sleep. It’s a serious matter, linked to other health conditions. Treatment is available at Roy Dental Care in Roy UT.
Three Types of Sleep Apnea
There are three different types of sleep apnea.
- Obstructive sleep apnea is when your throat muscles relax and block your airway.
- Central sleep apnea occurs when your brain doesn’t send proper signals to control your breathing.
- Complex sleep apnea is a combination of the two previously listed.
Signs of Sleep Apnea
How do you know if you have sleep apnea? Read through these common symptoms. They may help you determine if you need to go see your medical doctor.
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- Sleep Deprivation
- Excessive Snoring
- Episodes of Not Breathing
- Mouth Breathing
- Dry Mouth/Throat
- Frequent Headaches
Having one of these symptoms does not mean you have sleep apnea. If you have two or more, talk to your physician.
If you are diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea, we can treat it at Roy Dental Care in Roy UT with an oral appliance. We’ve made them for patients in Clinton, Layton, and Hooper, who also come to us for our comprehensive general dentsitry. Call to schedule an appointment with us today!
Contact Roy Dental Care:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):