We fill a lot of cavities at Roy Dental Care in Roy UT. Tooth decay is a serious problem, with somewhere in the area of nine of every ten American adults having at least one cavity in their teeth.
It doesn’t have to be that way, because it’s easier to prevent a cavity than fill one. Here are five tips for maintaining healthy teeth and gums:
- Brush Your Teeth. This is one is easy and basic, but critical. Brush twice a day for at least two minutes, and use a toothpaste with fluoride.
- Don’t Forget Your Tongue. This important part of brushing is easy to overlook, but there’s bacteria on the tongue you’ll want to remove.
- Floss. This goes hand-in-hand with brushing. Flossing lets you get the gunk that builds up between teeth. Before or after you brush? Either one. Just be sure to do it!
- Eat a Balanced Diet. Food choice is more important than you might think. Teeth need nutrients, just like the rest of your body. Avoid sugar as much as possible, and drink plenty of water.
- Have Regular Check-Ups. Cleanings and checkups allow us to catch small problems before they get big, and give you peace of mind.
By following these five simple tips you can avoid serious dental issues down the road.
At Roy Dental Care in Roy UT, we want all our patients to have healthy teeth and gums. Patients from Clinton, Layton, and Hooper come to us for general and restorative dentistry, and much more! Call us to schedule your next checkup today!
Contact Roy Dental Care:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):